Wednesday, May 7, 2014

i, object



ok. yes. i'm in this. but it's going to be different from anything you've ever seen before. definitely a SHOW YOUR MAMA WOULDN'T KNOW ABOUT...


i, object is a socio-political roving (move around with the performer 'Sleep No More' style) interactive piece. Created and devised by five women; Rachel Berger, Madeline Kolker, Ella Metuki, and Mariella Mosthof and with the specific director's eye by Roxy Schoenfeld.


I've learned so much from our process since we are literally making a piece out of nothing. I've become super conscious of my word choices. I've become more aware of how I define myself and how it changes depending on my setting. I've realized how pertinent our material has become, for example the viral article of the Princeton freshman claiming his 'male privilege'  (http://time.com/85933/why-ill-never-apologize-for-my-white-male-privilege/) to Shailene Woodley using the 'F' word (http://time.com/87967/shailene-woodley-feminism-fault-in-our-stars/).

I'm really proud of the work we've created and I hope to share it with you this weekend. 

What: i (,) object
When: May 9th & 10th 
Time: 8 pm
Where: Prince Street Project Space: 127-B Prince Street, NY NY 10012 (At Prince & Wooster down the steps under Wink)
How to go: More info & buy tickets here! http://iobject.brownpapertickets.com

 Plays on my radar:
- Music Hall by Jean-Luc Lagacre at Roy Arias Studios (Stage 2)  
- Octoroon by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins at SOHO REP
- Red Eye by Thaddeus Phillips, Jeremy Wilhelm, Geoff Sobelle, David Wilhelm and Sophie Bortolussi with Ean Sheehy for Lucidity Suitcase Intercontinental at NYTW
- The Mysteries by Ed Sylvanus Iskandar featuring the BATS at the Flea Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment